Thursday, March 27, 2014

RECOMMENDED: Laila Ali LADR5603 Salon Ionic Dryer, Purple and Black


Just a quick review here!

After spending a few months looking for a new hooded hairdryer to compliment my FHI Heat handheld (going on 4+ years now of great working condition) I settled on Laila Ali's version, which is distributed by Helen of Troy and I'm more than pleased with it. I had a Gold n Hot prior to this purchase and it died while not in-use. I never liked it anyway so it did us both a favor!

Purchase Price: I paid about $50 bucks + tax @ Walmart for this Ionic Dryer which actually wasn't the cheapest option available. Amazon also carries this product and the price fluctuates daily, getting down to about $43 bucks + Free S/H in some cases. I opted to pay a few extra dollars for it at Walmart in case I wasn't happy with it. So basically preferring the local drive to return the product if necessary as opposed to having the deal with the return shipping cost at Amazon.

Positives: Little to no assembly required, easy to adjust height/multiple levels to choose from, built in tab for chair support, three heat options + ionic button. Simple to put away. Dries hair pretty quickly and doesn't cause frizz.
Negatives: Very loud. No way to sugarcoat that one! Also not as great as it claims about drying hair near the nape of the neck or back of the head in general. I'd say it's no better or worse in that sense as compared to most hooded dryers.

Overall I do like this product and would recommend it to others!

No comments: