Friday, October 30, 2009

NEW!! R Session Tools Root Control



This is one of the latest hair tools on the market that I think will soon be very popular among women with curly hair.


In fact, it's already sold out on the website and I've seen at least 3 dupes.





It seems that Root Control by R Sessions is made especially for those with tight curls especially at the roots (this is ME!) because it offers a simplified way of straightening out the roots without burning the scalp. A clever trick indeed!



I've searched high and low for reviews on this gem but have only come across a few ;(


Until I've read more reviews I am hesistant to purchase this tool myself, as the price is pretty steep! However the warranty seems to be pretty solid and that does offer some consolation. I may make this my christmas gift - to self! If it does work it will be a a tremendous help and something I will soon not be able to live without. The ease of straightening out curly roots without doing harm to the scalp is something many of us have been lemming for 4eva!



If your interested in the Root Control Tool you can purchase on amazon.com, http://www.rsessiontools.com/rootcontrol.php and at Bed, Bath and Beyond.





*Caution*
Please be aware that many of the dupes on the market right now do not offer a 100% ceramic heating barrel (like the original). Having a 100% ceramic heating barrel is very important because it's not as harsh on your hair and extends the life of the vitality of the iron. In fact, there is a version of this root control iron being sold at Target (indeed by r session tools) for a modest 49.99. However most don't realize that it's ceramic coated, hence the major discount.

More deets below

Cost $179.99


Specs:
Dual Styling / Pressing Combs
Ceramic Heating Barrel
Hi-tech Electronic Circuitry
Instant Heat Up and Recovery
Advanced LCD Digital Programming
Up to 430 degrees Fahrenheit Pro High-Heat
High Grade Ultra Smooth Ceramic Surface Reduces Chemical Build Upand is Easy to Clean
Rubberized Two Tone Housing
9ft. European Jacketed Line Cord
Heat Resistant Storage Pouch with Embroidered Logo

3 comments:

Soaps and Wicks said...

I've been searching for reviews on this product. The price on the R Sessions website is $179. I just left Ulta.com and it is on sale for $34.99 orig price $49.99. Going to see if they have it in the store, if not I will order online. Hope this helps.

Lindinha said...

Oh you are quick! Yes, I actually bought the one at Ulta too when I got my circular in the mail and promptly returned it. It's definitely not 100% ceramic but it does pretty well on the edges. Thanks for the tip!

Lavendar said...

So BB, did you ever get the real ceramic one? I'm transitioning and this could be a really useful tool. I'm surprised there aren't more reviews for this. If you got one, what did you think?